Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Everyone does Pilates!

Sometimes it feels like everyone does Pilates.  Other times, in my little Midwestern bubble, it feels like no one has even heard of Pilates.  Today, on my way to work, I was listening to a local radio station, 96.5 the Buzz.  It is an alternative radio station and they had an interview with Jane Curtin.  Click on this link to hear the interview.  You will have to scroll down the page to find her picture.  The sound clip will be there.  When asked what she does in her free time the second thing she mentions, after walking her dogs, is doing Pilates!  I love hearing anyone mention they do Pilates, especially older individuals that are in great shape.  I shared this with all of my students today, and one of my older students said that, as she has aged, she has found that it is necessary to continue to keep moving, and Pilates is an excellent way to do that because it challenges the body without exhausting it. Start Pilates now and you will see results your entire life, which will hopefully be long and healthy!

1 comment:

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. I will respond on this page, so make sure you you check the "Notify Me" box below right so that we can chat!
-Sally