Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Avocado-blueberry sorbet!

So, last week I made an avocado-blueberry-spinach smoothie and froze the leftovers.  It turned in to a pretty tasty frozen treat, but it was awfully avocado-y.  I posted a picture on Instagram and had several requests for the recipe.  I wanted to get it just-right before sharing.  I added and took away some ingredients and here is what I came up with:

Half an avocado
1 large banana
2 cups frozen blueberries 
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Juice from 1 clementine orange

Combine ingredients in a blender.  I started with "blend" and moved my way up to "smoothie."  You may need to scrape the sides and stir it up a few times.
You can eat immediately.  It is thick enough to eat with a spoon.  I tried some right away and it is so tasty.  A definite treat in this hot weather and the bonus is that it is very healthy!  Place leftovers in an airtight container and freeze.  You will need to eat it within about a 12 hour window because the longer it is in the freezer the more solid it will become.


Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. I will respond on this page, so make sure you you check the "Notify Me" box below right so that we can chat!
-Sally