Monday, March 12, 2012

Hi!
I am currently working on writing about my Pilates experience.  Trying to summarize my training, teaching experience, etc.  It is more time consuming than I thought, but I really want my readers to know about my background.  I feel like you need to see the big picture before you can understand the little picture in this case :)
So, sometime this week I will have that post.  For now, I would like to share this article with you.  It is about the popularity surge that Pilates had in the early part of the 2000's and where the community is heading now.  I would like to share my own thoughts soon about classical vs. modern Pilates, the need for Pilates in the medical field, and more, but for now, let me know what you think of this article.  At the end it mentions Pilates being used more as a cross-training tool.  Most of my students are doing just this.  Combing Pilates with other forms of fitness.  I do have a few that "just" do Pilates and nothing else.  I myself do Pilates in addition to running, walking, biking, and Yoga.
If you do or have done Pilates, do you feel like it enhances your fitness program?  Do you feel like Pilates alone is enough?

1 comment:

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. I will respond on this page, so make sure you you check the "Notify Me" box below right so that we can chat!
-Sally