I know how busy Halloween can be. We spend the day rushing from place to place, barely taking a moment to breathe. Because of this, the day is usually spent eating less than healthy food and a good handful or three of candy. I know you are busy, but I also know that you have 5 minutes to spare. Really. You do.
Today I created a workout that takes less than 5 minutes, will sculpt all those pudge-prone areas, and can be done in your jeans or everyday clothes. See...no excuses!
The orange number is the reps you should aim to do. If you need to rest, go ahead, but don't stop moving completely. March in place or do arm circles to keep your heart rate up and to prevent it from dropping too fast.
1. 60 Front and Back Jacks - Like traditional jumping jacks but rather than taking your arms and legs out to the side, go front and back.
2. 30 Squats - Stand with your feet just a little more than hip width apart. Squat, like your are sitting into a chair, and return to standing. Make sure to stick your booty out to keep your knees behind your toes! Inhale as you squat, exhale as you come up.
3. 30 Mountain Climbers - Start in a plank, with shoulders over wrists, shoulders, hips and heels in alignment. Keeping your hips low, bring one knee in and then the other. Alternate like you are running in place.
4. 20 V-Tuck - Sit on your sitz bones (your rump!) lifting your chest tall. Fingers point to your ears. Straighten out your legs "make a V" and then draw your knees back in "tuck". Inhale as your extend your legs, exhale as you bend.
5. 40 Flying Airplane - Start on hands and knees, shoulders over wrists, knees under hips. Straighten out your left arm, right leg. Once you are balanced, slowly take your arm and leg out to the side "like half of a letter X" and then back in. Do 20 on each side.
That's it! Your 5 moves to lessen the punch that Halloween can give. If you have extra time, you can repeat this to make a 10, 15 or 20 minute workout.
As always, make sure that you are in good health and that your doctor has not told you to avoid any exercise(s) before you begin.