Saturday, September 22, 2012

Today + Mom Music

Today was a great day.

When you have anxiety and when you have had it keep you from doing everyday things you appreciate "normal" days just that much more.
It has been over two years now that I have been learning how to settle down and enjoy myself.  So anxiety-free days are plentiful.  But I still realize how wonderful each day is and how there are so many people out there that keep themselves experiencing the small, wonderful moments in life because of anxiety or fear.  You can do it.  Find your strength, find a therapist, and jump in.

I taught Pilates at a new gym today.  So much fun.
We went to the school carnival.  Even more fun.
After that we went to see Finding Nemo 3D.  When E was a baby it was the first movie he saw in the theater.  Once it was out on DVD he watched it constantly.  Watching the movie today I felt as though I was hanging out with old friends.  
I used to be a Marlin.  

  • "Hold my fin!"  
  • "I promise, I won't let anything happen to you!"  
  • "How do you know nothing bad will happen?!?"

I was scared of the world, more preoccupied with the dangers "out there" than the wonderful things that can happen.  Today, as we sat and watched the movie, I realized I am a lot more Dory now.  Well, my memory is fine, but, you know, I am way more positive.

  • "Just keep swimming."  
  • "It's time to let go."  
  • "If you don't let anything happen to him (Nemo) then nothing will happen to him."

It is way more fun being Dory :)

On the way home from the movie we had so much fun!  My friend drove the boys and I and she had her two kids with her.  Four kids singing wonderful, happy, appropriate-for-the-day songs.  Yes, they are mainstream pop songs.  Yes, my emo-hipster 20 year old self would be cringing.  But I can honestly say that I loved hearing these songs, hearing the kids sing to the songs and have fun, and that when you listen to the lyrics of each song you can grasp a positive meaning and smile.  Isn't that what music is all about?

Phillip Phillips.  Hmmm...okay.  But I like this song and so do the boys, and it definitely is a feel-good, whistle along kind of song.


I love fun.  Its nice that my kids do, too. 


Owl City.  Kids love this song, L even sings it in his sleep.

If you have children, play these songs for them.  I bet they will immediately start dancing and singing along.  Dance party!
All three are great workout songs, too.  I feel like I owe credit to fun. for getting me through miles and miles of running.  

How was your Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. I will respond on this page, so make sure you you check the "Notify Me" box below right so that we can chat!
-Sally