Thursday, January 3, 2013

Green Smoothie Challenge: Fail (so far)

If you know me at all you know that I love ALL foods, natural foods, green!  Green smoothies, leafy greens, seaweed, broccoli.  I love it all.  So I was really looking forward to joining in on my friend Katherines challenge to drink a green smoothie for the first week of the new year.

But...

So far, so BAD.  It's not that I have been eating unhealthy, I just have not had a green smoothie each day.  Or, really, much green at all.  We made a quick trip to the grocery store on New Years Day and I grabbed grapes, bananas, oranges, and apples.  They were out of organic celery and I completely spaced when it came to grabbing a bag of spinach or kale.

So,  why am I writing a post about the challenge, then?  Well, I have been taking my trusty KidGreenz chewable.  It contains broccoli, kale, garlic, spirulina, barley and other green goodness that we rarely take in on a daily basis.  I take it and I give it to my boys as well.  I wanted to share this with you because it could very well be that some of you have a hard time getting your greens.  This supplement is perfect.  It tastes like tropical fruit and L and E don't complain at all about taking it.


This is all coming straight from the heart, I am not getting any sort of compensation from Nature's Plus. (I would take some free stuff, though, if they would like to send it my way!)  I like the chewable form because it feels like I am actually getting the nutrients rather than a tablet just passing through.  Har har.

So, if you find yourself failing at getting greens, grab a supplement and stay healthy!

I AM going to join the challenge as soon as I get to the store to grab some greens.  I want to make this smoothie ASAP!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. I will respond on this page, so make sure you you check the "Notify Me" box below right so that we can chat!
-Sally