Friday, August 31, 2012

Green Smoothie Challenge

Photo courtesy of therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

Katherine of the Real Food Runner Blog just sent me a very fun invitation.  She is running a Back to School Green Smoothie Challenge.  She had me at "green smoothie"!
It is an easy challenge to do.  Simply have one green smoothie each day, September 3-10, 2012.
I wanted to share this as soon as I got her email because I wanted to give all of you a chance to make your grocery lists.
To officially join the challenge head on over to Katherine's blog and comment on her post about the challenge.  She will be posting green smoothie recipes during the week and I am going to, also!
To get started and to get you excited about the challenge here is a favorite green smoothie recipe of mine:

8 oz coconut water
1 banana, sliced
1-2 handfuls of kale
A dash of local honey
A handful of ice cubes

Place all ingredients in a blender and blend using the "smoothie" setting until thoroughly combined.

If you want to do the challenge but you aren't big on buying bunches of produce or maybe you don't have the time to blend, you can still participate.  Nearly all grocery stores have bottled green smoothies, like Naked or Bolthouse Farms.  Each bottle contains 2 servings so you would only need to buy a few bottles to get through the challenge.

Make sure you head over to http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/2012/08/back-to-school-green-smoothie-challenge.html to let Katherine know you will be participating and please comment below as well...I want to know who's in!

If you are an Instagram addict like me lets go ahead and IG it up with #greensmoothiechallenge

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I see that you're also doing the Green Challenge. Your recipe sounds delicious. Love the blog! Following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by. The green challenge is fun, isn't it? You are doing a much better job at posting recipes than me :)
      Your blog is lots of fun, I am following you now, too!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. I will respond on this page, so make sure you you check the "Notify Me" box below right so that we can chat!
-Sally