Friday, December 21, 2012
5 Random Things
This pops up a lot on Instagram, to list 5 random things about yourself. I have been so busy in my day-to-day life that I haven't had much time for blogging, so, here are 5 random things about me, today:
1. I really like baked goods. I know, I am not supposed to. I am the healthy, Pilates practicing, veggie juice making type, right? But I also really, really, love brownies, cookies, cupcakes, you name it! It makes me wonder "What if I didn't eat those things...geez...I would have the body of a Victoria's Secret model!"
2. I am still kind of worried that the world will end today. For a magical thinking, OCD lady like myself, there is nothing like a good end of the world scenario. I am truly in my panicky element prepping for bird flu, waiting for the Yellowstone volcano to go off, and, today, waiting for...what is it that is supposed to happen? In my imagination we all just go flying off the surface of the Earth. Dunno. But I am cautiously spooked and optimistic all at once. Here's hoping we make it!
3. I like being hungry. Huh? She just said in the first one she likes cookies? Yes, I do. But for my overall day, the feeling of an empty belly makes me happy, especially in stressful times. I can't imagine boarding a plane, taking a test, or meeting a work deadline with a full stomach.
4. I like shoveling snow. I really do. It's great exercise and very gratifying to see the strips of snow be cleared away. So if you see me out shoveling, don't feel bad for me. Unless there is another blizzard that drops 3 feet of snow. Then please come by with your snow blower.
5. Arthur's Perfect Christmas is one of my favorite holiday movies! I have always been a fan of the Arthur books and cartoon. Confession: I watched Arthur on PBS for years before I had children. If you have never seen this movie, check it out. The songs are infectiously cute and the story is perfect. There is a book, too, so check that out if you aren't the movie type :)
Tell me 5 random things about yourself! Or at least just one...