Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Sunday Social: about my blog




Linking up with Ashley and Neely for today’s Sunday Social.

1.  How did you come up with your blog name?
I end most of my Pilates classes with a standing posture exercise, telling students to walk forward, "leading with their chest."  I shared this with my aunt several years ago and she said that she told my grandma, who was in a nursing home and would often sit slumped over, to lift her heart, or lead with her heart.  So, the name for my blog comes from those two things.  Going forward with your heart is good for your posture and your soul :)

2.  What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Meeting new people!  I love when people I know and don't know comment and then I get to know them better.  Reading other peoples blogs and getting to know them, too.
Having an outlet for my ramblings is great, too.

3.  What is one thing you have discovered because of blogging and now can't live without?
Reading other peoples thoughts.  Listening.  I have discovered how small, in a good way, blogging can make our world.  I have made friends from far away that I wouldn't have met otherwise.  I don't want to live without that!

4.  Facebook or Twitter?  and why?
Facebook.  It helps me stay connected to friends and family that I otherwise wouldn't.
But I like Twitter better because people tend to be less obnoxious.

5.  If one celeb read your blog who would you want it to be?
That is a tricky one.  It would be great to have a fitness celebrity read my blog, like Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper.  But I suppose it would be better to have someone like Dr. Oz, huh?  Selfishly I would like Kevin Griffin of Better than Ezra or Nate Ruess of fun. to read and like my blog ;)

6.  What is something you want people to know about your blog?
I started it as a way to share my answers to questions that I frequently get asked.  What to eat, what workouts I like and do, even help for anxiety.  I try to make my blog like a conversation that I have with my friends or students when they ask for my advice.  So,  if you are a reader and you want to know something, just ask!

Happy Sunday!


1 comment:

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. I will respond on this page, so make sure you you check the "Notify Me" box below right so that we can chat!
-Sally