Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Very Healthy Cookie

It is no secret that I love cookies.  But I really need to get my sweet tooth under control.  On the other side of that, I tend to get grumpy if I don't get a sweet treat.
Here is a clean eating, nut-free cookie that definitely satisfied my sweet tooth!
It is SO healthy that you can eat it for breakfast or as a snack after your workout.



Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 ripe bananas
1/3 cup sunflower seed butter
2/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (to go vegan use carob chips OR dried fruit!)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl mash the bananas.  Add the remaining ingredients through nutmeg and stir until blended.  Add the oats and chocolate chips, stir til blended.

Spoon a rounded tablespoon of the cookie dough onto the lined cookie sheet.
Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.

Store in an airtight container, refrigerated for optimum freshness.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. um, AND vegan AND wheat-free. yes! can't wait to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vegans--Enjoy Life makes delicious vegan chocolate chips :) Also Whole Foods brand and Trader Joe's brand! At least they used to be, so check the label

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. I will respond on this page, so make sure you you check the "Notify Me" box below right so that we can chat!
-Sally