Seated Spine Stretch Forward
This classical mat Pilates exercise moves well to seated in a chair.
- Sit at the edge of your chair, shoulders over hips, arms forward like they are resting on a table top.
- As you exhale, bow your head forward and slide your arms along the imaginary table top, lifting your ribs away from your legs.
- As you inhale sit tall, stacking the spine.
Repeat 5 times.
Open your chest to relieve stress, stretch tight muscles and sit taller.
- Sit on the edge of your chair, with your arms at your side and inhale.
- As you exhale take your arms behind you like you are hugging a tree trunk behind your back.
- Keep your chest and middle lifted and your gaze forward and up slightly.
- Take 3-5 deep breaths holding this stretch.
These two are great mid-day or anytime you need a brain break.
I hope you are having a good Monday. Stay tuned for a yummy giveaway later this week plus a new friend for Workout Wednesday and me, in a disposable bikini! Good times on the way :)
What are your plans for the week ahead?