Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Grilled Soup

When the weather is even remotely warm JF loves to fire up the grill and make a meal.  Or two.
I love food from the grill and we almost always end up with leftovers.
One of my favorite things to make is soup containing our leftovers.

The ingredients that you use will vary based on what you have, but this will give you a basic recipe to follow.


1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet.
2. Add diced onion and garlic and saute until transluscent.
3. Add a few handfuls of spinach or kale (for health's sake) and stir until shrunk.


4. Add 2 cups of chicken broth to clean up the pan.

Now for the fun part.


Take whatever meat and veggies you have left and chop them up.  Add them to the pot.
I have even been known to add leftover baked beans, a spoonful of relish, whatever we have left.  Grilled squash, diced baked potato pieces...it's all fair game!
Cover and allow to simmer for at least 30 minutes, but the longer it goes the more the flavors will get to know each other :)
This would also be great to toss into a slow cooker in the morning.  I don't know about you, but Monday morning after a great, outdoor fun Sunday, is hard.  This way you will have dinner ready after your long Monday!

I added roasted brussels sprouts to this batch.  So good.

I want to know!  If you use this recipe, let me know what ingredients from your grill that you used!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment. I will respond on this page, so make sure you you check the "Notify Me" box below right so that we can chat!
-Sally